AUSTRALIA’S #1 EXPERIENTIAL SOLUTION
We don’t train… we transform
At Outback Initiatives, we’ve been facilitating positive change through leadership and team development since 1995.
Our ability to customise the program duration and content to suit specific objectives means that you can be assured that our solutions align with your unique operational requirements and challenges.
Our proven process delivers the following outcomes:
- Enhanced Leadership Skills: Through the direct leadership experiences in outdoor activities and scenario-based exercises, participants can develop and refine their leadership abilities in real-world-like situations. This is crucial for leaders, where effective leadership can greatly influence outcomes in critical situations.
- Improved Team Dynamics: The focus on Task, Team, and Individual leadership fosters better team collaboration and communication. For organisations, where team cohesion can be a matter of success or failure in operations, this training can be invaluable.
- Stress Management and Resilience Building: The physically and mentally challenging activities simulate high-pressure environments typical in dynamic organisations. This helps participants to build resilience and improve their stress management skills, essential for their demanding roles.
- Adaptability and Problem-Solving Skills: The dynamic and unpredictable nature of training in unfamiliar outdoor-based scenarios encourages adaptability and quick thinking. These skills are critical for leaders who often face rapidly evolving and complex situations.
- Enhanced Self-Awareness and Feedback Integration: The ‘activity-debrief-feedback’ model, culminating in a 360-degree feedback session, provides participants with insights into their strengths and areas for improvement. For leaders, such heightened self-awareness can lead to better decision-making and personal development.
- Practical Application of Theoretical Concepts: By using the Kolb method of experiential learning, participants can apply theoretical leadership concepts in practical settings, enhancing their understanding and retention of these principles.
TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR EVERY NEED
We provide outcomes-based consulting solutions as well as personal and professional development programs for both enterprise clients and solo participants.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information
"It was a pivotal, life changing time..."Read More
"I never saw myself as a leader, that has changed."Read More
"I came home feeling more empowered, aware of my impact on others....."Read More
"Without any hesitation I will say that it was by far the most rewarding experience in a very, very long time."Read More
"I’ve just returned from an experiential leadership program run in the Kimberley region in Western Australia where I learnt more about leadership in ten days than I have in ten years."Read More
"...we left three days later a stronger, more united and better equipped team."Read More
"Who knew 10 days would change the way I think about every person and task in my life to date!"Read More
"One week ago I finished the best leadership course that I have ever experienced."Read More
"Staff.....return with greater self-awareness, enthusiasm, confidence and gratitude"Read More
"I didn’t realise that a part of me would change over the next ten days..."Read More
KIMBERLEY LEADERSHIP ADVENTURE
The Kimberley, WAfind out more
From the blog
The Reluctant Leader: 20 Seconds of Embarrassing Bravery
“Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery and I promise you, something great will come of it.” (from the movie “We Bought a …find out more
SIR RANULPH FIENNES
titled by the Guinness book of Records as the ‘Worlds greatest living explorer’, has endorsed Outback Initiatives to conduct the youth-based Fiennes Leadership Challenge to develop future leaders the world needs.find out more
Two billion years in the making, one of the world’s last remaining wilderness areas and home to magnificent gorges, caves and waterfalls
Western Australiafind out more
2024 Emerging Leaders Program: September 30 – October 4 2024
LET OUR EXPERIENCE SHAPE YOUR EXPERIENCE “This exceeded my expectations and I learned way more than I thought I would” – Meaghan Montague, Gija Woman, National Indigenous Operations Coordinator. Your LEADERSHIP impact starts now! Embrace this unparalleled opportunity to accelerate your leadership journey and transform into a visionary, influential leader. Gain the confidence to lead […]
Kimberley Leadership Adventure – Choose Growth
LET OUR EXPERIENCE SHAPE YOUR EXPERIENCE “This was an experience of a lifetime.” – Fred Steer, Brookfield Rail We invite you on a journey of a lifetime. By deliberately creating physical activities which challenge the individual in a team environment, we can fast-track personal growth and development, compressing major gains in leadership development into a […]
Fiennes Leadership Challenge 2024 – Young Emerging Leaders
EXPERIENTIAL LEADERSHIP ADVENTURES “The best leaders excel in their ability to create meaning out of adversity” Resilience, challenge, adventure Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” ― Nelson Mandela A crucible is, by definition, a transformative experience through which an […]