Outdoor Facilitator Training – SOLD OUT
Experience 5 challenging and rewarding days in the ACT learning our unique methodology first hand and understanding how we facilitate growth with individuals, teams and stakeholder groups in such a short period of time. Only run twice a year, do not miss this opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and perhaps start a new career.
11 – 15 February 2019 – canberra
New and existing facilitators are invited to join this 5-day experiential learning program led by the highly experienced team at Outback Initiatives who have been operating nationally and internationally for over 23 years.
You must have completed an Outback Initiatives experiential leadership or team development program before you apply for the above course. This will ensure you are fully aware of the Outback process, methodology and have a full understanding of the expected (and unexpected) outcomes for participants.
Before you think of joining us, here’s a few prerequisites.
- Must love the outdoors (you’ll be in it a lot – rain or shine);
- Must have heaps of life experience (over 40? great);
- Must have a high EQ and be good with people (need to be able to smile when you’ve had little sleep);
- Must be authentic, be comfortable in your shoes, own your failings, know who you are;
- Must be physically robust (no need to be super fit, just need to be able to handle discomfort and work long hours (while smiling));
- Must have low ego – important that you’re not the CENTRE of the team – it’s not about you, it’s about the participants;
- Must be able to work well in an ever-changing team – we’ll storm/form/norm and perform in our own team so you’ll need to be able to speak the truth, handle conflict (not bury it) and work towards the common goal. You’ll be asked to help out when and where you can, everything from your contracted role, to cleaning up, making coffee for weary team mates and designing as we go;
- Must be flexible – for various reasons our time table changes and this can’t be helped. If you’re someone who finds it difficult to change a plan, then you’ll struggle. You need to be able to adapt to changing circumstances as we adapt the pace and schedule to our client’s specific needs as we go;
- You are professional and you are PASSIONATE about providing outstanding learning opportunities for our clients;
- Must still be able to smile after all that.
Yes, this is a long list but this is not an easy job and it’s not for everyone. Yes, it’s fun, it’s exciting, it’s not ‘the norm’…. however it’s also challenging and sometimes it’s hard when you’ve not slept much and you’re about to be dropped into a cave at 5am in the morning or kayak 20 kms in the rain …. it tests you on every level, all the time.
That’s why only approximately 1 in 30 people make it through our stringent training. We want to make sure that you’re in the right place doing the role that’s right for you. And when your team is under pressure (as it will be) you’ll be grateful that the people you’re working with have gone through that training.
We’ll provide 5 days of multi-layered training where you will act as participant, as a ‘facilitator’ and observers – you’ll participate in activities and then debrief the layers to gain a full understanding of how to facilitate to achieve specific outcomes. These skills are fully transferrable to any team facilitation, whether you’re in the outdoors or in an office environment.
You will experience our program as a participant engaging in physical group activities: caving, abseiling, kayaking and team building activities. We will introduce our program activities and leadership models, our unique debriefing process, situational leadership case studies, and training on behavioural change, cultural diversity and conflict management.
Please register HERE and pay a $250 deposit to secure your position. Remember, we only offer this course once a year on the East Coast.
Once we have your registration and deposit, we’ll send you the DiSC profiling link (behavioural profile assessment that summarises your natural inclination for how you communicate and lead under pressure), the medical, pre-program survey and joining instructions.
An assessment will be made at the end of the program to determine your eligibility and if successful, you will be able to understudy and then facilitate directly on future OI programs.
Program Details :
OUTDOOR FACILITATOR TRAINING PROGRAM
11 – 15 February 2019
All meals, transport, accommodation, activities, site permits and fees for program duration included. DiSC behavioural profiling & 20 page report included. Facilitator handbook included.
Not for Profits: $250 discount
*Subject to change depending on weather and location conditions
Add your name to our interest list:
The program is based upon a tried and proven methodologyRead More
This multi-layered experience has been the best investment of my timeRead More
It was the best leadership program experience I've ever hadRead More
It illuminated my understanding of our different behaviours and how I come across to othersRead More
I wholeheartedly recommend this program to ALL womenRead More
I expanded my knowledge and awareness of myselfRead More
I loved this experience and am a massive supporterRead More
I will be telling others that this is the best, most effective use of a short periodRead More
Thank you for taking on and succeeding so well with the Leadership Training ProgramRead More
We have been struck by their sponanteous comments such as 'that was life changing'Read More