Ethical Leadership Program
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP 2021
Ethics is in the news everywhere you look: our banks, our sporting heroes, our insurance organisations. Every day people are facing ethical dilemmas…. and more often than not, they’re failing. Is this a failure of individual character or the organisation encouraging and rewarding unethical behaviour? Is the difference between ‘right and wrong’ situational and fully dependent upon your perspective? These are questions we’ve asked ourselves – at Outback Initiatives, we take great pride in our own ethical behaviour as an organisation, however we’re still faced with everyday challenges.
The global world in which we live and work is fast-paced and complex in nature. Business leaders are expected to make crucial decisions, which have significant consequences for many different stakeholders both within and outside the organisation. It is the behaviour of leaders that is under closer scrutiny in the contemporary business environment. This program explores the role of ethics in leadership and provides some fundamental tools to apply in navigating the ethical challenges facing leaders. In doing so, participants will be able to apply fundamental ethical principles to their decision-making and build an ethical workplace culture.
As such, we are pleased to announce that we are in the process of developing the first Ethical Leadership Program in conjunction with some of Australia’s leading Ethics practitioners including Dennis Gentilin, NAB whistleblower and author of ‘Origins of Ethical Failures’ and university lecturer in Business Ethics Dr Julie Crews .
Starting with a five-day experiential program in Canberra in March 2021 we will look at what it means to do business ‘ethically’ and examine your own values and challenges. Our unique and highly successful experiential process will provide the foundation from which to develop a framework for you to effectively align your personal values with your professional role. Two three-day residential workshops in Melbourne and Sydney over ten months will give you the tools and confidence to successfully influence your organisation to challenge current practices and perhaps adopt a more ethical approach to doing business. Personal & peer mentoring will assist you with relevant challenges.
Become an Ethics Champion in your workplace. Help build the culture you’re proud to be a part of.
Places are limited to 24. Bookings will be open in October 2020.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your interest.
GAIN LIFE-CHANGING INSIGHTS INTO HOW YOUR VALUES AFFECT YOUR DECISIONS, AND DEVELOP THE SKILLS TO INSPIRE, MOTIVATE AND HELP CREATE AN ETHICAL CULTURe WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This extensive and intensive experiential program and workshops are designed for professionals who are responsible for a workplace team or are working towards a leadership role in the future. It provides an interactive forum in which participants explore the crucial role of ethics in their own leadership role and a better understanding on how to deal with and make ethical decisions in the workplace.
WHAT YOU’ll take away from THE ETHICAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- Comprehensive behavioural profile. Understand why you behave the way you, and how you can best work with others.
- A fantastic five-day journey with practical activities that give you an insight into your own values and ethics. Outback Initiatives’ process means you’ll have the opportunity to evaluate your own values and ethics and challenge your understanding of ethics in an organisational context.
- 10 Months Ethical Leadership Mentoring. The program investment includes 10 months post-program one on one mentoring with Dr Julie Crews.
- 3 hours Leadership Coaching. Each participant has the benefit of pre and post-program coaching to ensure any desired or identified changes are made in a sustainable manner to ensure positive outcomes.
- Practical team and personal challenges. Learn how to perform under pressure in safe environments. Understand how your leadership style impacts others. Learn how to make ethical decisions within your team, how to use an ethical decision making framework effectively.
- Practical skills. Practical skills on how to influence, motivate and inspire your organisation to make ethics the base of its decision making framework. Learn how to coach and mentor others going through their own organisational ethical challenges.
- Hardworking facilitators and support crew. Outback Initiatives has an experienced team of people highly trained in remote area safety, first aid, and outdoor recreation, as well as leadership, team work, communication, change management and conflict resolution.
- Networking and contacts. Meet similar minded, professional leaders from a broad range of disciplines from across Australia. The people in your cohort will become your support network – a safe place for you to discuss your challenges and seek support to make change. This network will be there to support you in your leadership journey.
Program Details :
Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney
Experiential component: TBA March 2021
Workshops: TBA (over 10 months)
5 days – Experiential
3 days – 2 x 3 day workshops over 10 months
All meals, transport, accommodation, behavioural profiling, program deliverables, physical activities, site permits and fees, workbooks, structured workshops, mentoring & coaching.
Flights to/from start point not included.
|WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT||
|WHY CHOOSE US?||
Non-profits: $1000 saving per person
*Subject to weather and conditions
“Outback Initiatives has been the most powerful and worthwhile professional learning I’ve undertaken to date. It illuminated my understanding of our different behaviours and how I come across to others.” – Janette Philp, Mahogany Creek Distributors
"It was a pivotal, life changing time..."Read More
"I never saw myself as a leader, that has changed."Read More
"I came home feeling more empowered, aware of my impact on others....."Read More
"Without any hesitation I will say that it was by far the most rewarding experience in a very, very long time."Read More
"I’ve just returned from an experiential leadership program run in the Kimberley region in Western Australia where I learnt more about leadership in ten days than I have in ten years."Read More
"...we left three days later a stronger, more united and better equipped team."Read More
"Who knew 10 days would change the way I think about every person and task in my life to date!"Read More
"One week ago I finished the best leadership course that I have ever experienced."Read More
"Staff.....return with greater self-awareness, enthusiasm, confidence and gratitude"Read More
"I didn’t realise that a part of me would change over the next ten days..."Read More