2019 OUTDOOR FACILITATORS COURSE OPEN FOR ENROLMENTS
We’re pleased to announce the next Outdoors Facilitators Course – February 11 – 15 2019 in the ACT.
You must have completed an Outback Initiatives experiential leadership or team development program before you apply for the above course. This will ensure you are fully aware of the Outback process, methodology and have a full understanding of the expected (and unexpected) outcomes for participants.
Before you think of joining us, here’s a few prerequisites.
- Must love the outdoors (you’ll be in it a lot – rain or shine);
- Must have heaps of life experience (over 40? great);
- Must have a high EQ and be good with people (need to be able to smile when you’ve had little sleep);
- Must be authentic, be comfortable in your shoes, own your failings, know who you are;
- Must be physically robust (no need to be super fit, just need to be able to handle discomfort and work long hours (while smiling));
- Must have low ego – important that you’re not the CENTRE of the team – it’s not about you, it’s about the participants;
- Must be able to work well in an ever-changing team – we’ll storm/form/norm and perform in our own team so you’ll need to be able to speak the truth, handle conflict (not bury it) and work towards the common goal. You’ll be asked to help out when and where you can, everything from your contracted role, to cleaning up, making coffee for weary team mates and designing as we go;
- Must be flexible – for various reasons our time table changes and this can’t be helped. If you’re someone who finds it difficult to change a plan, then you’ll struggle. You need to be able to adapt to changing circumstances as we adapt the pace and schedule to our client’s specific needs as we go;
- You are professional and you are PASSIONATE about providing outstanding learning opportunities for our clients;
- Must still be able to smile after all that.
Yes, this is a long list but this is not an easy job and it’s not for everyone. Yes, it’s fun, it’s exciting, it’s not ‘the norm’…. however it’s also challenging and sometimes it’s hard when you’ve not slept much and you’re about to be dropped into a cave at 5am in the morning or kayak 20 kms in the rain …. it tests you on every level, all the time.
That’s why only approximately 1 in 30 people make it through our stringent training. We want to make sure that you’re in the right place doing the role that’s right for you. And when your team is under pressure (as it will be) you’ll be grateful that the people you’re working with have gone through that training.
5 days of a multi-layered training program where you will act as participant, as a ‘facilitator’ and observers – you’ll participate in activities and then debrief the layers to gain a full understanding of how to facilitate to achieve specific outcomes. Learn how to use models effectively, draw out conflict and give effective feedback.
All these skills are fully transferrable to working with any team or in a leadership role to achieve your goals.
Please download the brochure HERE.
Please register HERE and pay a $250 deposit.
Once we have your registration and deposit, we’ll send you the DiSC profiling link, the medical, pre-program survey and joining instructions.
Looking forward to meeting you (again).Back To News Stories
The program is based upon a tried and proven methodologyRead More
This multi-layered experience has been the best investment of my timeRead More
It was the best leadership program experience I've ever hadRead More
It illuminated my understanding of our different behaviours and how I come across to othersRead More
I wholeheartedly recommend this program to ALL womenRead More
I expanded my knowledge and awareness of myselfRead More
I loved this experience and am a massive supporterRead More
I will be telling others that this is the best, most effective use of a short periodRead More
Thank you for taking on and succeeding so well with the Leadership Training ProgramRead More
We have been struck by their sponanteous comments such as 'that was life changing'Read More